Introduction to Justin Flood

My name is Justin Flood. I am 20 years old and I live in Leixlip, County Kildare. I have lived in Leixlip all of my life. I am going into my 2nd year in college. I study Creative Digital Media in Blanchardstown. Before I came to Blanchardstown, I did a Creative Digital Media PLC course in Dunboyne College of Further Education. I really liked the course so I put this Blanch course as my first option in my CAO and got it.

The best class I took last year were my two photography modules as I love photography and I also love how practical the modules were. I also learned a lot about cameras that I never knew. But overall I really liked my first year in this course. I made friends that I am really close to now and learned a lot of skills in Year 1 that I will need this year and the coming years in college. My goal from this college is to get a job in something I will love (not 100% sure what that is yet). 

If you read my last blog, you would know what I love to do in my spare time, which is playing video games with friends. I also love going out with friends and spending time with my family. Something else I love is food. Pizza and curry are my two favorite foods. Well chocolate too but who doesn't love chocolate :)

If I had an extra day of fun, I would probably travel or just chill with my friends and family. Also, if I had a super power I would choose either flying or teleportation because I feel like they are the two best.

I live with my mother, father and my older brother. I also have an older sister but she currently studies nursing in Scotland. I also have a dog and he is 7 years of age. 

During the lockdown I did not really get up to much as I could not see my friends and family. I also got temporarily laid off work but now I am back working. I work in West Wood Club Westmanstown. West Wood is a gym. I work in a play zone where parents can leave their kids while they use the gym.

I am looking forward to my second year in college because I can't wait to go through another year with my best mates and learn more skills to use in my coming years in college and life.

Image taken of me in Studio Photography last semester


Comments

  1. Hi Justin! Great intro it was very interesting to read about you and find out few more things about your life and your interests.Nice image you took in photography module I also liked photography module because it was new to me and that was something I never done before.Overall nice blog and best of like this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiii,
    I'm really glad you enjoyed first year and I'm really glad we became friends in first year. You're quite good at photography so I'm not surprised that it was your favourite module, I also really liked it and I think its something I'd like to practice more in my spare time and get a little better at. Lockdown wasn't great and I'm still sad you didn't get to come out with us as much as you wanted, you were definitely missed, hopefully I'll get to see you again soon but if not don't worry I'll still have your head wrecked sending you tiktoks anyway. Talk to you soon bro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Justin, though I'm obviously the real one we all know this :D This was a wholesome read and interesting to know how everyone lives their lives differently and uniquely. Though I'd say quarantine was pretty similar for everyone else but it is what it is. I seen your photography work and it was very impressive so it's nice to see that's something you can find a passion in. Similarly I also like playing games and pizza does hit differently everytime I order some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Justin, how are you? First of all, I really enjoyed your introduction post. You covered loads of information on yourself in a way that was really easy to read and digest! Your blog was easy to navigate through and I love the colour scheme you have chosen. It's good to hear you enjoyed first year and we share some similar interests in modules like photography. All the best for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Justin! Photography was my favourite module as well it was so laid back and I honestly didn't know cameras were that complicated hahaha. I actually used to go to Westmanstown when I was like 14 it's a very posh place and I had an awful experience when I was in the outside pool as well, the water there was disgusting. Anyway I'm glad to have met you this year properly and I hope all is going well with you and especially the doggo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Justin, I really enjoyed reading your introduction blog post! Your blog was so clear and wasn't filled with too much information. Photography was my favourite module too last year and the image you chose for this blog is a great photo. Its good to hear that you enjoyed your first years did I and best of luck this semester!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Justin! I really enjoyed your blog post, it really gave an insight into your life! Photography was also my favourite module last year! It seemed to be a popular one. I am also not sure what I want to do after the course but hey we have plenty of time! Hope you're keeping well and I wish you best of luck with this semester :) -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Justin, great introduction post and good to see you enjoyed last year. Photography was also one of my favorite modules and I have realized from blogs it was also a lot of other peoples too. Since last year we became good friends and I am glad to have meet you. All the best with the rest of the semester! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Justin

    I really enjoyed your introduction post i think its was great to get to know you more, i thought adding picture of yourself was helpful as im not that good with remembering faces. i am also a big fan of a curry it dose the job well hahahaha , yeah the lockdown is definitely a stinker!! goo dto see you back working though

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Justin,
    I really liked your introduction post, it's really well written. It's cool that you did a PLC for CDM before actually doing the course cuz you got to figure out that you actually liked it before going into it. The two photography modules were definitely some of my favourite modules from last year too. I'd personally pick time stopping cuz it's a multi-use kinda power. Good luck with the rest of this year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Justin,
    I really liked your introduction post, I learned a lot about you that I didn't know. It is a very well written blog one of the best one's I have read so far. I was in the other half if the PLC class in Dunboyne. I really enjoyed the course as it definitely prepared me for this course. I also really enjoyed photography last year I learned a lot from them classes.
    ~John

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Justin,
    photography was my favorite module last year too, i much prefer the hands on approach and liked how we had a lot of creative freedom.
    i think most people are in the same boat job wise, everyone wants a career in the cdm field but no one seems to have anything particular in mind just yet.
    what video games do you play?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts