Alpha

 So for this week, I worked harder on Coin Catcher. And this week I had to change it up a little and I will tell you why.

Well, as I mentioned last week I could not get the obstacles to spawn randomly as I wanted to so instead of the character going towards the obstacles, the obstacles are now going towards the player because I have done a tutorial on this before and also I could not get the obstacles to spawn randomly as mentioned. I also got the player to jump now when the space bar is pressed but could not add an animation to him as I could not get that working.

So now that I have the obstacles spawning what was next. I decided to make the obstacles physical objects so when the player collides with them he does not go through them. I also coded the obstacles so when the player collides with them you get a game over notification on the bottom left of your screen. I hope to have the objects stop spawning and the game stop by next week as I could not get that working this week. 

Another thing that did not go well for me this week was the c# scripts as it would not let me add a script to an object. I asked people for solutions and even asked Shaun but soon enough got it working after I deleted and installed Unity again.

This is me playing my game this week.


Comments

  1. Hi Justin! Your game looks very well made and animating a character tends to be very hard so I can see where you're having issues from. If I knew coding I would help you 100% but I'm as clueless as you are. You're still trying to solve the issues and that's good enough for anyone. I was having similar issues with my game when the player just goes through the path. I hope you fix your issues! You should make the objects look more cool and funky while you're at it, maybe add some patterns to your objects? You should also focus on the sound effects if you can't get anything else to work, try looking up a few or even a song that you like in the background of the game. - Anna Zurawska

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justin, your game is looking really well, I know you have run into some problems but were nearly done this semester, so you haven’t got much more to do. I understand if an obstacle hits the player its game over, but I was just wondering what is the ending point to the game or does it end? Also, my suggestion for the future if you’re running into problems on Unity get the 2020 version, I was having some problems and since I’ve gotten the latest version everything is going fine. Anyway, I will be looking forward to seeing the complete game, goodluck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Justino your game looks great so far, well done. I like the concept of it as well as the character. Well done on the features you implemented. I was wondering will your game have some music and or sound effects? and will there be enemies in your game?? what if you added some obstacles that the player can also slide under? that would be very cool. And yeah unity is tough to figure out sometimes especially the c sharp, ive been having some issues with that myself so to speak. Well done on your progress and i look forward to seeing your final product. Peace and love g

    ReplyDelete
  4. You seem to have gotten lucky having done a tutorial similar to your idea before, at least you got everything sorted out, but it is still annoying having to change up big aspects of your game design.
    Good thing you got the player jump working, it's unfortunate about the jump animation, but i think if you give it a little more time you will get it working.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Justin!
    Your game looks very well made
    It can really be stresseful trying to understand what is not working on c# scripts or on any other thing on Unity. I hope you can get fix all the issues!
    I was wondering, will your game have music or sound effects?
    Looking forward to watch you game trailer >.< and best of luck on these last days of semester 1 :D
    Lívia Alencar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Justin,
    Your game looks really nice so far! It looks like you've made a lot of progress since you last worked on your game. I like the way you have the camera behind the player and how it looks like a never-ending void. It reminds me of temple run with those features. I have also struggled with the c# scripts they can be really frustrating at times. I look forward to seeing the game when it's fully done!
    - Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts