Game Brainstorm

 Idea One

For my first idea I am thinking of a football game. To be more specific a game where you have to take free kicks and each time you score a free kick the level will get more difficult. Now if you do not watch football and you are wondering what a free kick is it is basically where a player can take a shot on goal from outside the box and players of the opposing team are allowed to stand in front of the ball to try and block it from going into the goal. If you want to learn more about free kicks click here.

The levels will be more difficult as you go on by moving you further away from the goal, adding players in different positions in front of the goal so they could potentially block the ball resulting in you missing and I can also add a goalkeeper into the goal and that keeper can save the shot you take also resulting in a miss.

I am interested in this game idea because as I said in a previous blog, my favorite game is FIFA which is a football game so I wanted to create a game based off of football but not as complicated as I am not a pro game developer so my skills to what I can build would be limited. So when I thought of football, this was the idea that came to mind.

If I can make this game I hope I can learn a lot from this experience so I can hopefully create a bigger and better football game in the future and maybe release it to the public if it was that good. I also hope I can learn more about Unity and C# script as that is what I will be using for making this game.

Idea Two

For my second idea I am getting inspiration from a good classic that goes by the name of Mario Kart. I love playing Mario Kart and always played that game ever since I was a kid. I used to always play it on my Nintendo DS and sometimes even my Nintendo Wii. I even have recently downloaded it onto my phone as there was a mobile version of Mario Kart released recently. 

So now to the game idea. What I am thinking is not like a race, but instead you have to collect coins in a certain amount of time. So for example I will making a race course that looks fun but somewhat challenging and I will place coins around the course. It is the players job to collect the coins before time runs out. I know Mario Kart is more of a racing game than ever but looking at the game and thinking of how Mario and the rest of the characters collect the dice for special powerups the collecting of the coins came to mind and I thought it was genius. But then I thought how about timing the player to make it more dramatic and anti climatic and I was sold it sounds like an amazing idea.

If I go ahead with this game idea I would absolutely love the experience as Mario Kart was a childhood game of mine so to make a little racing game would be amazing.

Idea Three

For my third idea I am thinking (quite similar to idea two with the coins) of doing like a running game where the character runs and you have to avoid obstacles and collect all the coins. 

When I try to think of a game like this that I have played before it would be Temple Run. Temple Run is a game where the character you are controlling is running away from the monkeys that are trying to kill you but as you are running there are obstacles for you to avoid and coins and gems for you to collect and the objective of the game is to see how long you can last before you knock into an obstacle and get caught.

If I was to make a game like this I unfortunately could not do as long as a running track as Temple Run did because first of all I only have about seven or eight weeks to complete this game and also I do not have much experience when it comes to making games so it would take me quite a while to complete a short track anyway.

So my idea for the exact game I would make when it comes to this idea I would have the character automatically running. As he/she is running you can use the arrow keys or even the A and D keys to move the character left to right to collect the coins. I would also use a space bar to jump over obstacles or collect those high coins and I would use the S key or the down arrow key to make the character duck or slide to avoid hitting those high obstacles.

After making this game I hope I can learn more about the fundamentals of Unity as I will need to place a lot of things into this game like obstacles and coins.

Idea Four

For my fourth and last idea I am thinking towards a shooting game. And what I am thinking is a free for all game mode.

The game is simple. The player will play against four enemies in a free for all game mode on a map I will create. Free for all is a game mode where every person that is playing is against each other and everyone is by themselves and whoever makes it to a certain score first is the winner. 

I got my inspiration from the classic shooting game Call of Duty. I have been playing Call of Duty for years now so to get to make a game that would be on the same genre as Call of Duty would be quite amazing.

If I go ahead with this game idea I know I would have a great time making it because I could then have an insight on how the people who make Call of Duty make their games. I understand the game they make would be a lot more difficult but it would give me a sneak peek on what it is like making a shooting game.

Unfortunately the game I make would not be as good as Call of Duty as they have better software, more experienced people working on that game and proper actors for it too where as I just have my computer, Unity and Visual Studio. I still hope to come out with a good result no matter what the game is :)

Comments

Popular Posts