Beta

 So this week I am so happy with how things have worked out for my game. This week I made the main menu and I also got the coins working for my game.

For the main menu, I explained how I did this in a recent blog. If you would like to read that click here.

As for the coins I have tried to get them working for a few weeks now but there was always something going wrong as my character just went through them instead of collecting them. Well, this week I finally got them working as I deleted all the coin scripts, the coins themselves and the scoreboard and made it all again in a tutorial I watched on YouTube. To watch that tutorial click here. Now my character goes to the coins and collects them and that adds one to the scoreboard.

Something I am changing is instead of collecting 20 coins to win the game, there is no limit. So keep collecting coins until your character dies and see how far you can make it.

Everything is working good and everything is on track all I have to do is add audio to the game and the coins for when they're collected and Coin Catcher is complete :)

Here is my game and you can see an obstacle, a coin and my character


Comments

  1. Hi Justin, your game looks great good to see everything worked out for you. I see you were talking about adding your scoreboard, when you die does your game keep a track of your high score or does it just disappear? Also adding your sound is really easy if you’re wondering you can just use a sound asset or find some suitable tracks online. For me I just used an asset that had different tracks and sound effects so I could use the one asset for everything. Anyways, your game looks great well done. I will be looking forward to playing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justin, your game looks like its coming along real well! Its cool to see through your posts how you have progressed and now you have a fully functioning game. Looking forward to seeing the trailer video for it! I like that idea better that its an endless game rather than having a score limit, so keep up the good work i hope adding the next few bits to your game goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Justin, I just had a read through your Beta Blog. I think your game looks brilliant!! Well Done. I wonder what will be the max number of coins the player can collect. Will there be a scoreboard for other players to try and collect more coins than the person before them did? Have you considered adding music to your game? i had never thought of using music until someone commented on my blog and I thought it would add to the feel of my game. I wish you my luck with completing your game and I look forward to seeing the final product. - Aoibhe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Justin,
    Your game is looking really good and it's good to see that you're proud of it. I'm really impressed that you got the coins working after such a long process! Since there's no cap for how many coins a player collects, are there different rewards for different amounts of coins? Even just like, different ending scenes for certain amounts maybe? Maybe you could make the music dynamic and make it faster as the game goes on or after a certain time to give a sense of tension to the player and make them concentrate so they don't lose their coins? Or have bonus coins that are worth more spawn after a certain amount of time?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Justin
    Your game looks great good on you for being able to make it so that you can colect the tokens the last tutorela with the score board must have bean realy helpful when you where doing your game, I was thinking of adding coins into my game but I couldn't find any that where free and fit the design of my game so I had to drop that idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts