Unity Tutorial 10

 So for this weeks tutorial, I learned how to make the main menu for my game. If you want to view this tutorial yourself click here.

So in this tutorial, I was shown how to create a panel for my main menu and add a play, options and quit button to that panel. As I went on with the tutorial, I did not add an options button to my game as I felt I did not need one. However, I have a play and a quit button. The play button lets you play the game and the quit button closes the game altogether but since it could not close Unity, I added a piece of code so I get a pop up when the quit button is pressed but in the final version it will work.

I felt this tutorial went well for me as I understood everything in this tutorial and got my menu working fine. The only issue I had was when I pressed the play button the quit button was being highlighted and it was quitting instead of playing. But I deleted the quit button and reentered the details manually instead if copying the play button settings and it worked fine.

This is my own image of the menu for my game.


Comments

Popular Posts