Game Vision Statement

Introduction 

The game I am developing this semester is called Coin Catcher. I came up with the name Coin Catcher as you need to collect coins to complete the game.

Game Genre

After analysing my game and thinking about different genres my game could be I have decided that the genre for my game would be a Platform Game. I decided this because other games that are similar to mine like Subway Surfers and Temple Run are also under the genre Platform Game.

What Exactly is this Game?

This game I am making also known as Coin Catcher is a Platform Game that has coins placed all around an obstacle course and it is the players duty to dodge all the obstacles, collect the coins that are placed on the obstacle course and win the game. But remember you can only complete the game by collecting all the coins.

Gameplay

So when you first load up the game you will be introduced to a game menu. This game menu will have the option to "Play" and "Quit". If you press play you will be granted access to play and experience the game I made but if you press quit, the application will close. So once you load up the game you will see two big white rectangles as walls on the left and right of the obstacle course. The obstacle course is going to be straight for most of the game but the course might have left and right turns here and there. I am then going to have different shapes as different colors all at different heights and different sizes. These shapes are going to be used as obstacles for the player to try and avoid so they can collect all the coins and win the game. I am going to be adding background music into the game to add that bit more excitement and there will be a sound effect for every time you collect a coin. There will also be a scoreboard at the top left of the screen indicating how many coins you have collected so far. Each coin you collect will be worth one point and you need a total of 10 coins to win the game. I have not yet decided if I am going to be making the game in first person or third person. The player is going to have the ability to move left, right, jump and duck. The player will automatically be running forward. I have decided to add this feature because it makes it more difficult for the user to dodge the obstacles and win the game as they can not stop running forward and they can't move or go backwards. Oh silly me I forgot one key detail to this game. If you touch any obstacle you automatically get put back to the start so make sure you try your best to dodge the obstacles in your path.

Resources Required

For this project, I will be using some assets from the Unity store and will be using tutorials on Unity and Youtube to help me out with this project. The links were added to last weeks blog but if you did not see it you can click the following links here: 

Comments

  1. Hey Justin, what is up ? Well written blog post. I think your game idea is very promising. Games like temple run and subway surfer are so enjoyable they can get anybody hooked. Id like to recommend the idea of power ups or some way of attaining extra lives so that you don't go back to the start of the game every time you run into an obstacle. I think that might be worth looking into. Looking forward to playing this game Justin! All the best with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Justin, I like your idea of the coins, I think it provides satisfaction for a player when there is currency involved in the game, it helps with the fulfillment side of things, especially it being a big requirement. I like how you are strict about the obstacles and I agree, for the player to be focused and interactive with a game one must make sure detail and precision is present. I understand a platform is provided for the player as he moves and collects the coins but I still am wondering what the setting will be, where will it take place? What will the vibe of the game be? As the player collects coins, what if sound effects were played when this happens, or with other actions of the game, will you be adding sound effects and music? Anyways good idea lined up, I look forward to read more about it and hopefully eventually play it.

    P.s. Go for third person considering it is an endless runner game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Justin, your game idea looks really good and I would like to see it when it’s completed. I remember playing a lot of games like this on my phone when I was younger, they were always really simple game but also so addicting and fun to play. Goodluck with creating this game and the rest of the semester! -Nathan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts