First Playable

 So for this weeks project, I worked on Coin Catcher which is the game I am making this semester. So last week I inserted the character, inserted the sky asset, inserted the walls, floor and obstacles and programmed the character to move forward automatically with option to turn left and right.

So for this week, I had the objective to make the obstacles spawn in front of the player at random and have a running animation equipped to the player. The animation took me some time to do as I could not equip the animation to my character. As a result, I had to delete my character and add a new character for the animation to work.

For the obstacles, it did not work for me. I watched multiple tutorials and multiple articles on the internet and could not get it working at all. I got the obstacles to spawn at random times but it was all in the same position and not constantly in front of the character.

Next week I hope to get the obstacles working or come up with an alternative solution.

This is a screenshot of my game so far. The character is running with the animation 


Comments

  1. Hey Justin,
    Great attempt on trying to get the obstacles spawn in front of the player at random, I know it can be very hard to find useful resources online because I had the same issues since we started this project. So I suggest you focus on other elements in your game while looking for some online resources if you can not find any resources because I think if you just focus on trying to make it work it will take all your time and prevent you from making any progress. anyway I am looking forward to see your progress next week. Goodluck
    -Abdi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What’s up Justin really liking how your games coming along from the looks of it its pretty similar in concept to how I hope to have my game. An issue I’m having with my game is figuring out how to make the path on which the character is running endless or repeating. If you have any idea or if you could link me a tutorial on how its done that’d be great. Anyways good work so far looking forward to seeing the rest of the game you’ll do great bro best of luck
    -Daniel-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Justin,
    I just finished reading your blog posts about your game. It looks pretty impressive I much say! I love the concept of your game. I have had similar issue with my game and something I find that has helped is leaving it and going to do something else in my game and come back to that issue in the next week but it doesn't always work so. Hope all is going well.
    ~John

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts