Prototype

 So for this weeks project ask, I started making my game I have been planning for a few weeks now and the game is called Coin Catcher.

So far I have inserted a character and a sky asset into my game. I then added a floor and two walls as the 'obstacle course'. Once they were added I programmed the character in a c# script so the character moves forward by themselves but the player can use the A and D key to turn them left and right. I also did some more programming so the character can not move past those walls I built at the start. And lastly, I programmed the camera to follow the character at all times while the game is being played so the player knows what is happening in the game.

The making of my game is going really well so far and everything is going to plan. This week I used past unity tutorials to help me with the camera, the moving of the character and the boundaries of where the character can not move. I then used assets from the asset store to get the sky and a character and I used shapes from Unity itself to make the floor and the walls.

Here is my own screenshot of what I have done so far




Comments

  1. Hey Justin,

    Great too see the progress you've made so far in your game, i like the overall design of your game, i think your concept is very strong and you have direction is very interesting, have you encountered shades yet? i think there a great way to add texture and make a game stand out.
    Best Of luck anyways

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Justin,
    Your game's lookin pretty good so far! Your planning is gonna come in super handy, like the name btw. It's interesting that you focused on the coding first, I'm finding that to be the most difficult part of the process so far but you seem to be makin good progress. I think you'll have a lot of fun once you start building the game up and arranging assets and stuff. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jusin,
    I just wanna say this a super start, you have got a lot done for the first week. I am glad you got your character to move and also kept the character in the scene. One think I would do to make the game much more appealing is I would use colours and get rid of the sky asset or if that's something important in your game maybe change the colours of path and the walls.
    Keep up the great work you're doing and best of luck.
    -abdi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Justin its Mia
    Your game idea is so unique I have not seen another like it within our year group.
    Your prototype looks really good so well done!! It shows you have put a lot of time and effort into it, you seem to have so much done for this week so you must be very organised. I found the coding to be the most difficult part of the game creation. Have you thought about adding colours to your game to brighten it up a bit more
    Best of luck with your game and best of luck this semester.
    -Mia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts