Unity Tutorial 05

 For this week's unity tutorial, I started a brand new project in Unity. For this week's tutorials, I had to do a lot of different things. The game was a free running game where the camera was placed to the right of the player and the obstacle approached the player every 2 seconds. Well, it did after we did some coding in the c# script. We also got the background of the character to repeat itself so it looks like the character is running down a very long street. Also since the character was running I had to put a running animation on the character so therefore it really looked like they were running. I also had to put some code in c# script so when the player hits the obstacle the player will stop running, the background will stop repeating itself and the obstacles will stop spawning so basically it is a game over. I also put a death animation so basically when the player runs into an obstacle, they stop the running animation and fall back (death animation).

I really enjoyed this week's Unity tutorial especially working with animations and backgrounds repeating itself. I liked them, especially because with the background repeating itself, it really shows how games like this can be made and it's not all one big place however to is just a still image repeating itself so I liked how I got to learn how to make it. With the animation, it was good to learn that as I know I would need that for my future game, and also it makes the game look more realistic instead of the character staying still. I am looking forward to using this sort of animation in my game.



Comments

Popular Posts