Week 9 Reading and Writing

 So looking back at the reading and writing tasks that have been provided to me so far this semester I can say they have gone quite well. Unfortunately, I have not done all the reading tasks that were provided to me as some weeks I did not do them but for the ones I did, they went very well. My favourite reading task so far this semester would have to be the Technology post as for one I love technology and I loved reading and writing about it that week.

Also, another thing I liked about the reading tasks was doing them in the lectures with the whole course because since we all did it together and as a team, we got the task finished a lot quicker than it would by yourself and we could all contribute our readings and make it look good. 

So I am liking this module so far. In my opinion, it is the best laid out module we have as the website provided to us gives us a lot of information on what to do each and every week. For my game, I feel the game is coming along quite well. The only thing I do not like about the game is the obstacles as I want them to spawn randomly in front of the player but I can not seem to get the code that I need to get it working. Other than the object spawning, everything is working out very well for my game.

I think my biggest accomplishment from this class so far is Unity. If you do not know what Unity is Unity is a game engine where you can make you own 2D and 3D games from scratch and you also can use assets Unity have in their asset store such as characters or even places so, therefore, I think this is my biggest accomplishment so far because I learned how to use it and make different kinds of games. I learned this by doing Unity tutorials every week on making different games and adding different features and then also making my own game for the module which is called Coin Catcher. You can read my other blog posts to know and learn what Coin Catcher is.

Here I have attached my favourite image from my reading tasks and it is from my Games Design blog post which can be found here. I chose this image because it had a lot of colours in it and also it is a good visual design to what games design really is.

Going forward in this module, I am looking forward to finishing this module and finishing my game that I started making two weeks ago. I am also looking forward to finishing my reading tasks and learning more about how to write academically and read the papers properly to get the most information as I possibly can.


Comments

Popular Posts