Tutorial 01

 So for this week's tutorial, I started working on Ruby's Adventure which is the game I will be working on for these tutorials this semester. 

The first part of the tutorials this week was pretty simple as I was just setting up the game and getting back familiar with Unity and Visual Studio where I write my c# scripts. 

In the second part of the tutorials this week I inserted Ruby into the game as a sprite and added a script to her so I can move my left and right keys to move her left and right. I had to insert Ruby as a sprite as I need to insert the image into something Unity can use and not just an image. By doing this I saved the image onto my computer and dragged it onto Unity instead of saving the image into Unity.

In the third part of the tutorial we adjusted different speeds to Ruby's movement and added the up and down keys also to the game which can move Ruby up and down. 

In the fourth and final part of this week's tutorial, we played around with tiles. I mainly made a new palette and then started editing floor pictures to add to that palette. I first changed the size of the tile from 100 pixels per unit to 64. I then changed the sprite mode from single to multiple. I added that tile to a sprite editor and sliced it into 3 columns and 3 rows. I then added them to the palette and painted my scene.

I felt like this tutorial went ok for me apart from the start as I could not add the script to Ruby to make her move and there was always an error coming up when I opened the script so I had to delete that Unity version and reinstall a newer version and got it working then. I am looking forward to making this game in the coming weeks and seeing the final outcome.

Here is what I created this week.


Comments

Popular Posts